This healthy and easy low carb, low calorie gravy recipe comes together almost instantly with only a handful of pantry ingredients.
Any other low carb dieters tired of dry cauliflower rice?
I won’t be shy and will admit my husband and I often eat a 12oz bag of cauliflower rice…each. As much as I love that cauliflower adds filling, low calorie volume to a meal, that’s a lot of cauliflower rice. It can sometimes feel like a chore to eat without a great sauce.
Ordinary sauces and gravies are typically full of carbs, and low-carb sauces are almost always high in fat. And either way you look at it, sauces usually take a bit of time to come together.
This easy low carb, low calorie gravy hack invites gravy to be a part of your regular, healthy routine.
My healthy Bone Broth Gravy recipe:
- Takes less than 5 minutes to make
- Under 50 calories for the whole, huge serving
- Generously sauces an entire 12oz bag of cauliflower rice
- Reheats nicely for lunch the next day
- If you use Kettle & Fire Bone Broth like I do, it’s 100% a pantry dish (the broth is shelf stable)
- For Trim Healthy Mamas, it’s a Fuel Pull
- Healthy, full of nutritious ingredients!
This dish was inspired by Trim Healthy Mama, but I dialed up the nutrition with some bone broth, pumped up the seasoning for flavor and perfected the amount of ingredients to feed one hangry person (or two normal people, if you’re out there ????).
What low carb sauces is everyone else using for their cauliflower rice? Leave a comment to let me know what else I should try!
Healthy 5 Minute Bone Broth Gravy
- 1 cup bone broth I use Kettle & Fire brand
- 1/4 tsp Bragg's liquid aminos
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp dried chopped onion
- 1/2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- Tony's Seasoning Salt to taste
- freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp glucomannan powder
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT the glucomannan to a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer/medium low and sprinkle in the glucomannan powder, whisking continuously.
- Once the glucomannan has been thoroughly whisked in to the seasoned broth, let it simmer 1-2 minutes to thicken.
- Adjust thickness with more broth (for thinner) or more glucomannan (for thicker) to taste, though the 1c broth to 1/2t glucomannan is perfect for me every time.